Where to eat in Barcelona
One of the things that Spain is known for is for its gastronomy, especially for the Mediterranean diet. In Barcelona you can find all kind of bars and restaurants in which you can try all the specialities of our country and not only ours, here you will find restaurants with cuisines form all over the world.
On this post we are going to recommend you the best places to eat near our apartments of Callao, Rocafort/Gran Via, Tapioles y Camp Nou. We also have trhee apartments in the neighborhood of Barceloneta (to rent for more than 32 days), but we are not going to include them on this post as we will make a special one for these apartments.
Plaza España Apartments
The Plaza España apartments are located in Carrer del Callao, 7 minutes away form Estació de Sants, Plaza España and at two steps from the Carrer de Sants/Carrer de la Creu Coberta, one of the most lively streets in Barcelona. It is an area where you have many options for lunch or dinner. Five minutes away from the apartments you have Plaça d’Osca, the best place to drink and eat something on one of its numerous terraces.
Below you will find the best bars-restaurants to eat and which are 5 minutes away or les from the apartment:
- Bio Bento (Carrer Ermengarda, 34). Vegan place located less than a minute away form the apartments building door. They serve healthy and tasty food at a great price made with local products. They open from Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm and Saturdays from 10am to 4pm. They are closed on Sunday.
- Bar-Restaurante Mogas (Carrer del Callao, 6). Restaurant where you may only find local people eating the daily menu, that’s a seal of guarantee. They serve typical catalan dishes of good quality. Its schedule is form 7pm to 7.30am form Monday to Saturday. Closed on Sundays
- El Petit Pau (Carrer de l’Espanya Industrial, 22). Small but awesome restaurant located less than 5 minutes from the apartments. High quality market cuisine with good value for money. It is usually very crowded, so we recommend booking in advance and only groups of 4 people are allowed. The schedule is from Tuesday to Saturday from 8am to 9.30am for people with reservation and after 10.30pm for people without reservation.
- Bodega Monumental (Carrer de la Creu Coberta, 87). Perfect to taste tapas and a great paella. It is less than 5 minutes form the apartments. The first Bodega Monumental was opened in 1937 on Carrer Marina and in 2011 they opened a new one in Creu Coberta, which preserves the tradition and essence of the old one. They open everyday from 12pm to 12am.
- Il Fuoco Pizzeria (Carrer de la Creu Coberta, 95). Pizza place in which they serve pizzas to take away, portions and if you fancy you can eat there. It is less than 5 minutes from Callao and opens from Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 10.30pm, on Saturdays from 1pm and close at 10pm. If you do not feel like cooking, but you fancy eating at home, this is the place.
Rocafort / Gran Via Apartments
The Rocafort and Gran Via apartmetns are located in the Eixample district, 5 minutes away from each other, that’s why we decided to put them together in the same group. On this area there are many bars and restaurants, but we will recommend the ones that we thing you may be interested in for distance, price and quality.
- O’Canto (Carrer Diputació, 23). Restaurant in which they make daily menus, tapas and delicious dinners. If you fancy trying typical Spanish food do not hesitate to go to this place. It is open from Monday to Saturday from 7.30am to 12.30pm.
- Marcelino 16 (Carrer Diputació, 41). This is very similar to the previous one, they also serve daily menus, tapas and dinners, but it is more specialized in traditional Galician food. We have not found the schedule on the internet, but it is sure to open from Monday to Saturday at noon and at night, so do not miss it!
- Copasetic (Carrer Diputació, 55). Perfect place to enjoy a quality brunch at a good price. And not only that! They also serve lunch and dinner and it is also a cocktail bar. Here you can find salads, burgers, crêps and delicious desserts. Open every day at 10:30pm. The closing times vary depending on the day, Tuesdays and Wednesdays close at 12am, Thursdays at 1am, Fridays and Saturdays at 2am and Sundays at 5.30pm.
- La Clara (Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 442). This restaurant is especially dedicated to Catalan gastronomy. Here you can find typical foods such as canelones, butifarra, escalivada, xató or fricandó. The price maybe is a little more expensive than the previous ones, but worth it. They open every day at noon and at night, except Sunday, which only open during the noon.
Camp Nou Apartment
The Camp Nou apartment is located in the Les Corts district, 10 minutes away from the Camp Nou. It is the perfect apartment if you are a fan of football and Barça . Due to the proximity to the Camp nou in the area there are a variety of bars and restaurants of all kinds.
The following recommended places are those that we think are more practical because of the proximity and also because they are an exponent of the gastronomy that you find in Barcelona.
- Syncerastum (Carrer Jaume Roig, 8). In this restaurant they have daily menu both in the morning and at night. In addition to that, they have just inaugurated the new menu of dishes, tapas, sandwiches and salads just in case you feel like snacking on something. They open from Monday to Thursday from 1pm to 4pm. Fridays and Saturdays, apart from opening in the morning, open from 9pm 11pm. Sundays are closed.
- Bodega Canalla (Rambla Brasil, 40). You cannot leave Barcelona without trying the vermouth. We recommend going a there about 12pm-1pm and request a vermouth of the house along with some tapa or montadito, these last is the specialty of the place. It is located 5 minutes from the apartment and open on Mondays from 6pm to 12am and from Tuesday to Saturday from 12pm to 4pm and from 7pm to 12am.
- El Pi (Avinguda Madrid, 95). If you are passionate about Japanese food, especially sushi, you should go to this place. Plenty of good quality sushi at a good price and less than 5 minutes from the apartment. Its schedule is from Monday to Sunday from 12.30pm to 4.30pm and from 8pm to 12am.
- Aquí Quedamos (Carrer Violant d’Hongria, 60). Fresh and original pizzas are the hallmark of the house. You can order them to take away or have them in their cozy restaurant. The location is on the same street as the apartment, you just need to cross the Rambla Brasil. It’s less than 1 minute away.
Paralel Apartments are located in the Carrer de Tapioles, 2 minutes away from Paral·lel and are part of the Poble Sec neighborhood, a vibrant neighborhood close to the Ramblas and the Montjuïc mountain. In the neighborhood there is a great variety of bars and restaurants, but the street that stands out is Carrer Blai. Here you will find a bar in every corner in which to take a few pintxos for a few euros. Among so many bars, these are the ones we recommend.
- Pincho J (Carrer Blai, 26). This bar is located right on the corner of Carrer Blai and Tapioles, less than 1 minute from the apartments. Here you will find many pintxos and little space to sit, so we recommend going soon to get you a good place. The pintxosusually cost between 1 € -2 € and are really delicious. In this type of restaurants they do not serve food on the table, only the drink, so to get the pintxos you must get up and pick yourself the ones you want to try. Its schedule is from 12pm to 12.30am from Monday to Sunday.
- La Tasqueta de Blai (Carrer Blai, 17) and La Esquinita de Blai (Carrer Blai, 16). These two restaurants are very similar to the previous one and they work in the same way. In each one you will find different varieties of pintxos although surely they will never lack those of jamón serrano or those of cheese. Open every day from 12.30pm to 1.30am.
- Malamén (Carrer Blai, 53). If one day you do not feel like the bustle that is generated in the previous bars we recommend this restaurant located in the same street. They make seasonal cuisinewith a special touch. It is more expensive than the previous places, but worth it because of its good value for money. They open from Tuesday to Sunday from 19.30pm – 00am.
- Tacos tacos (Carrer de Tapioles, 9). If you like Mexican food, this place will not leave you indifferent. Here you will find delicious tacos, burritos, nachos and micheladas! There are typical Mexican tacos, but they have also adapted the recipe and you can find tacos with Catalan flavor. We recommend the “Nachos Marranos” with cheddar and beans, they are for absolutely delicious!
We hope to see you in one of our apartments soon!
Comunity manager and blog writer at Espai Barcelona. I was born in Barcelona, and I love this city. I enjoy showing to the new visitors my favorite places. I never get tired of Barcelona!